Monday 18 March 2013

Style Your Home Event

As an avid fan of 'Downton Abbey', my best friend @mclaurs and I thought it would be a fantastic idea to have a 'Downton' weekend! For those of you who have never watched the series I suggest you look it up & put a few hours by to catch up on this fantastic series, as I am sure you will love it as much as I do. I am gripped by every episode and it's one of those programmes which I look forward to seeing. There are not many TV series which have me as hooked. 

So to celebrate our love of 'Downton Abbey' we have decided to dedicate a girly afternoon to everything Downton. We are thinking a few hours of watching our favourite episodes whilst treating ourselves to afternoon tea, including my old time favourite cheese straws & cucumber sandwiches followed by an array of homemade cakes. A friend has just said she will bake a 'Coffee & walnut' Cake, yum yum! And obviously a girly afternoon wouldn't be a true girls event without some Procecco! 



I plan on decking out my lounge in some Downton themed decorations so I have the fun of researching and making some ideas. 

A post documenting my 'Downton Day' with the girls will be up and ready to read in the week after the 6th April. 

Love Downton, Love a girls weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment