Monday 10 June 2013

Style Your Anniversary 

Finally the finale of my parents Wedding Anniversary and the wait to hear how the moustaches went down is over. I can honestly say I was slightly worried that people wouldn't get my sense of fun but I have to say everyone was a great sport and they loved them. 

The idea was to take pictures of everyone with a tash wearing Mums hat then to create a photo album with congratulation comments from everyone. It worked perfectly so my parents know have the perfect album of memories from the day.  

Please find below a selection of images from the day to show how everyone embraced the hat and moustaches. 

My amazing parents trying to recreate the original Wedding picture...




 My hilarious Nan..xx





My brothers our better half's and myself. 



My amazing nephew, although he is way to cool to wear the hat..
I must admit I remember being 12 and would probably have been the same. 



As I have mentioned previously everyone was such good sports when it came to posing in the hat and the moustaches. It relaxed the atmosphere of the party straight away and was a great party starter.




The day ran so smoothy, the food was served over an hour and a half and was absolutely amazing, we couldn't fault any of it. Once the food had been devoured we then went into speeches. Yes a very traditional event for a Wedding but I felt it would be perfect to ask Dad's original Best Man to make a speech. So John kicked the speeches off and had us all in hysterics. Next my parents each did a speech both very moving and funny.  

To carry on the amusement I then got out the game board Mr & Mrs so I started asking my parents a round of questions to see how well they do know each other after 40 years. They did ok however I think the amount of drink which had been consumed by this point added to the wrong answers and made this hilarious. My Dad preceded to ask every couple questions so this game entertained us for an hour or so. 



The laughter continued with a few other games and the day came to a perfect end with the cutting of the amazing cake followed by Tea & Coffee. 




All in all the day was a huge success and my parents had the best time which means it was worth all the hard work and organising. The pressure is on for the next party I arrange to be just as perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment